There is always more on my heart than words can say, but I find journaling my thoughts or prayers a great exercise & makes a record to view of memories & our history - I invite you to join me if you can relate to authentic life.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Peacemakers

There are so many things I desire for my kids, but good relationships with each other is one of the huge things. This was my prayer today:

Power of a Praying Parent, Stormie Omartian

Lord, I pray for my children & their relationships with each other & all their family members. Protect & preserve them from any unresolved or permanent breach. Fill their hearts with your love & give them an abundance of compassion & forgiveness that will overflow to each member of the family. Specifically, I pray for close, happy, loving, & fulfilling relationships between them for all the days of their lives. May there always be good communication between them. May unforgiveness have no root in their hearts. Help them to love, value, appreciate and respect one another so that the God-ordained tie between them cannot be broken. I pray according to Your Word that they " be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another" Rom. 12:10
Teach them to resolve misunderstandings according to Your Word. and if any division has already begun, if any relationship is strained or severed, Lord, I pray that You will drive out the wedge of division & bring healing. I pray that there be no breach, strain, misunderstanding, arguing, fighting, or separating of ties. Give them a heart of forgiveness & reconciliation.
Your Word instructs us to "be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous" 1 Peter 3:8. Help them to live accordingly, "endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" Eph. 4:3. In Jesus' name I pray that You would instill a love & compassion in them for all family members that is strong & unending, like a cord that cannot be broken. 


As I pray this for our family I can't help but pray that these attitudes are what we model to them and that the family of God practices these characteristics with each other. Imagine how the negative views of Christianity to those that just see division and impatience with each other could be altered...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment